Dr. David J Zhu, DDS, MSD
Dr. David Zhu attended the University of Washington for college, dental school, and specialty training, receiving his bachelors (economics, neurobiology), doctorate, master’s, and certificate in periodontics. He holds numerous awards and distinctions during his undergraduate and graduate studies including the Restorative Dentistry Award for Excellence in Fixed Prosthodontics, Western Society of Periodontology Award, International Congress of Oral Implantologists Award, and the American College of Dentists Ferrier Memorial Prize.
Dr. Zhu is a board certified periodontist by the American Board of Periodontology. He is also an affiliate faculty at the University of Washington, Department of Periodontics.
During his spare time, Dr. Zhu is a sports enthusiast, competing regularly in tennis, volleyball, and basketball. He has recently begun triathlon training and racing. His favorite teams are the Seattle Seahawks and the Utah Jazz.
- University of Washington, B.S., B.S., 2003-2007
- University of Washington, D.D.S., 2007-2011
- University of Washington, Certificate in Periodontics, M.S.D., 2011-2014
- American Board of Periodontology
- American Academy of Periodontology
- International Team of Implantologists (ITI)
- Academy of Osseointegration
- American Dental Association
- Washington State Dental Association
- Seattle King County Dental Society
- Yakima Valley Dental Society
- University of Washington Award for Excellence in Restorative Dentistry
- Western Society of Periodontology Award
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists Award
- Robert H. Johnson Scholarship
- American College of Dentists Ferrier Memorial Prize
- John D. Guthrie Scholarship
- James and Joyce Oates Scholarship
- Prolyl endopeptidase is revealed following SILAC analysis to be a novel mediator of human microglial and THP-1 cell neurotoxicity. Glia. 2008 April 15;56(6):675-85.
- Identification of novel proteins affected by rotenone in mitochondria of dopaminergic cells. BMC Neurosci. 2007 Aug 16;8:67.
- Proteomic identification of novel proteins in cortical lewy bodies. Brain Pathol. 2007 Apr;17(2):139-45.
- A combined dataset of human cerebrospinal fluid proteins identified by multi-dimensional chromatography and tandem mass spectrometry. Proteomics. 2007 Feb;7(3):469-73.
- Identification of glycoproteins in human cerebrospinal fluid with a complementary proteomic approach. J Proteome Res. 2006 Oct;5(10):2769-79.
- Detection of biomarkers with a multiplex quantitative proteomic platform in cerebrospinal fluid of patients with neurodegenerative disorders. J Alzheimers Dis. 2006 Aug;9(3):293-348.
- Identification of novel proteins associated with both alpha-synuclein and DJ-1. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2007 May;6(5):845-59. Epub 2006 Jul 18.