WE ARE REOPENING!
To our valued patients,
Northwest Periodontics and Implants has been closed since March 18th and we apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused for you. We are excited to announce we will reopen on May 19th, 2020 in our Issaquah location and June 2nd, 2020 in our Yakima location.
It is possible that Governor Inslee and/or the State Board of Dental Examiners could delay this date. If so, we will make the necessary changes to comply with any official mandates.
Since we closed our office, the world has changed – and so must we.
Some things that will remain the same:
• We will continue to involve you in your personal treatment plan.
• We will continue to provide you state of the art dentistry with the promise of always seeking the best results possible.
Having stated these things, there are changes that will remain in effect for the near future:
1. We will no longer use the reception area to seat our patients awaiting treatment. Instead, we will be asking you to call us when you arrive, and we will then call or text you when we are ready to seat you.
2. You will be questioned about your health and recent travels before coming into our office.
3. You will be greeted at the door by one of our team members and offered a mask and gloves to wear if you do not already have them, and then escorted to a hygiene or treatment room.
4. Once seated, you will be given a hydrogen peroxide oral rinse, which is proven effective against COVID-19, to swish for 30 seconds.
5. We are structuring our systems so that your next appointment and your payment can be handled in the treatment room.
6. Once treatment and clerical necessities are complete, you will be escorted to the exit with your face mask and gloves on.
All these things are being done to ensure your safety while you are in our care. Although these rules are rigid, they are necessary to ensure your safety and the safety of our team members. We are quite certain these changes will remain in place until we can test every patient coming into the office for COVID-19 or there is a vaccine developed to give us immunity to this virus. Most of all, please know your safety is of utmost importance to us at Northwest Periodontics & Implants.
Drs. Akimoto, Lwo, Zhu and team
Protocols you may notice around our office:
Contactless temperature checks before entering the office
Waiting in your car versus the waiting room
Providing you with mask and gloves upon entry
Installation of sneeze guards at the front desk
Access to hand sanitizer throughout the office
Installation of HEPA-13 air filters throughout the office (reception area and all operatories)
Staff in personal protective gear- ASTM level III and/or N95 or equivalent masks and face shields
Social distancing, minimize/eliminate contact with other patients
Use of hydrogen peroxide rinse to kill any potential virus particles